I'm fascinated by #thingswelearnedontwitter that's trending on Twitter right now. I think Twitter's the coolest social site (cooler than Fb, hell yeah!) that's connecting people with 140 characters, and yeah we can learn so much things from there.
So, what have we learned?
1. Be yourself, it’s the only way to go
- online or offline, being yourself is the only way to be successful in life. I love the quote from Steve Jobs, “your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.“
2. Be kind
- kindness goes a long way. It is shown through retweets and sharing. It sometimes bothers me that I see kindness more on social sites than in real life. I know, right?
3. Never forget to say please and thank you
- please and thank you may be simple words, but they are quite powerful. There are most tweeted words by people who share info, kind words and quotes everyday.
4. Never stop learning, it’s fun!
- it’s a place to learn new things from different people from all over the world. We learn anywhere anytime.
5. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness
- people are tweeting questions and asking for recommendations and help on Twitter. It is never a sign of weakness. People are not mind readers, they won’t know you’re drowning if you don’t yell for help. So yell!
6. No one can bully you into doing anything
- bullying is not tolerated on Twitter, so it shouldn’t be tolerated in your personal life either. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something or try to control your actions. Fight the bullies!
7. Don’t be afraid to express yourself
- creativity and self expression are very much welcome on Twitter.
8. Sharing is caring
- sharing information and recommendations is encouraged everyday. If you can bring that into your personal life and share with the people close to you, believe me, your world will change.
9. Use your influence for the greater good
- the majority of the online influencers are active on Twitter. They get the message out, and they share information on causes that need support. They make people aware of the issues. Even if you are not a big influencer, you can still impact change. Every little action helps, you know.
10. Your online friends are human too
- respect is the important word here. The avatars that you see on profiles represent human beings who live and breathe like you and me. I am very lucky to have so many people on Twitter that I've been tweeting with. And I respect them. Some of them are friends from blogs, so it's like I've known them for ages. :)
source: Bit Rebels