I've been trying to get the right words to say about this..but everything seems too cliche. It's like there's numbness and emptiness around me. I honestly feel a deep sense of grief and understanding of what actually happens. Maybe it's because I've been through a lot, grown up and can finally understand what loss is..I don't know. But I know there are so much things to learn.
I just got these thoughts after I went window-shopping alone this afternoon that I ended up with nothing but a piece from Maggie O'Farrell:
I believe there's always something that worries us at the back of our mind, it's always in our mind although we don't spend time thinking about it. In my case, I won't tell you what that is. I just can't. It's not about my future, love life, family nor study. It's something else..something that causes me to build walls, instead of bridges.
And the good part is, I got these things that I've learned today, some of them might be useful for you too:
- No one can ruin your day, without your permission.
- Most people will be as happy as they decide to be.
- Others can stop you temporarily but only you can stop yourself permanently.
- Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you'll have.
- Success stops when you do.
- You'll never "have it all together."
- Life's biggest lie: "when I get what I want, I'll be happy."
- The best way to escape your problem, is to solve it.
- If you don't start, it's certain you won't arrive.
- We often fear the thing we want the most.
- Look for opportunities, not guarantees.
- You don't have to attend every argument you're invited to.
- Stop waiting for things to get better, make it happen for yourself.
- Never make yourself believe you don't deserve something.
- Most people are just as insecure as you are.
- YOU limit yourself.
- Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- Don't write people off immediately. My closest friends are the ones I'd never have anything in common with.
- TRY. How else will we ever know?
- If you do what you always do, you'll get what you've always got.
- Life is about change. Nothing will ever be the same as it is right now.